Web Development Projects By Floyd
Highly motivated, experienced and passionate full-stack developer who is committed to learning new technologies and keeping up with the latest in web development best practices. I strive to build user-friendly, responsive websites while ensuring quality front-end architecture and visually appealing layouts.
Technologies: RESTful API integration , AJAX, JSON, Database
Workflow & Delivery: Responsive design, Command line, Jasmine test suite, Bootstrap, Git Version Control
React/Redux Thunk Todo list With Mongo Persistence
This app will allow users to add a todo item to list and have it save in database.
- Using Thunk Redux makes Post, Delete, Add To Express server
- Express/Node server sends data to Mongo database using Mongoose.
React/Redux Fizzbuzz App
This is an app that lets users click on buttons to increment or decrement a number. Every time a number can divide by 3 evenly it prints fizz to the screen, every time a number can be divided by 5 evenly it prints buzz to the screen and whenever the number can be divided by 3 or 5 evenly it prints fizzbuzz to the screen.
- Using responsive design user can click buttons which will dynamically update the web page.
- Fizzbuzz algorithm written in clean code.
- Files and folders scaffolded out with proper imports and exports.
Socket.io, Mongo, Express Chat App
Mongo, Mongoose, Express, Node, jQuery, Jasmine, Bootstrap 4.1.3
This app allows users to chat with other users in real time. It also saves information if screen is refreshed.
- Using Node as the backend, the user can send a chat message that persists with other website visitors in real time.
- I hit the API with get request using Jquery.
- Form clears after every interaction.
- The form uses good design principles.
Node, Sendgrid Email App
This app mimics the build and process of a subscription type service where user can enter information and receive an email afterwards.
Node, Express, Sendgrid, HTML
- The user will be sent an email if they fill out the form with Gmail email account.
- The form is mobile friendly.
Responsive Mobile Roman Numeral App
This app allows mobile users to convert numbers to Roman numbers.
- Using media queries and interactive accordion layout I built an app for mobile phone users.
- Users can click a button and have number converted to Roman numbers and read about relevant history.
- Used a custom algorithm
Location Based Weather App
This app allows users to be shown the local weather in their city with an icon showing the approximate weather.
- Gives users current weather using navigation and weather api.
- Animation matching weather conditions.
This app allows users to search wikipedia for information.
- Displays a curated list of search results in a clean and sleek way using Wiki API and CSS3 - all hand coded.
- Responsive design using Bootstrap.
- Subtle use of animation without being overbearing.
This app is a working calculator.
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, divides numbers.
- Allows for chaining of operators.
Displaying API Information
React, fetch method
This is an app demonstrating getting information from another web resource.
This is code
- Displays information in a table.
- Uses get request to show information using fetch.
Test Driven Development
- Displays adoption of TDD principles and writing expressive, clean and tested code.
- Displays knowledge of using git version control.
- Displays importance of refactoring code to make it up to team standards.
Websites using weebly editor:
Google certified in marketing (Adwords)
Free Code Camp Programming Bootcamp
Contract marketing / sales for startups - Since 2016 I have been a Top-rated freelance marketer on the Upwork platform. I have gained a Top-rated status for my professionalism and have many reviews given by actual clients of fast-growing new startups. I’m an author who is highly respected and sought after for sales and marketing work. I am transitioning into a full-time web developer.
MEND After Cancer, https://mendafter.com/
“ I highly recommend Floyd for any type of position.” - Lisa Lefebvre, Founder
I helped Mend After Cancer startup by setting up their email marketing campaign using MailChimp by creating emails, speaking with medical professionals and help them navigate and engage with the website. I choose the technology and offered training for them to be able to do outreach and ran the outreach campaign. I wrote outbound scripts and trained owner on the outreach methodology and participated in strategy sessions where I laid out the monthly plan of attack for outreach. Floyd was EXCELLENT at making business development calls for us. Not only is he professional and responsible, but he is very creative in handling objections.
International Blockchain Consulting Group, https://ibcgroup.io/
Great collaboration! Starting a new contract ! - Mario Nawfal, owner ‘feedback on me on Upwork
I worked as a consultant consulting cryptocurrency startups around the world with developing, marketing and promoting their cryptocurrency. I explained the benefits to board members, wrote contracts, met with owners and CTOs had had technical.
conversations about the best platforms for their startup to use. I coordinated with onboarding, our CTO and sales team to get specifications and gather the team to deliver.
Floyd is a tenacious salesman and was eager and enthusiastic to try all new techniques. He was committed to the success of the program and put 100%+ effort behind it. He performed well above the other freelancers we had working on the project. I admire his dedication to sales and his constant effort to improve his work product and his skillset. It is a shame that our program ended because I would have loved to keep Floyd on. I will continue to look for opportunities to hire Floyd in the future. Best of luck Floyd and thank you for all of your work!! - channel manager, Mike Polyboy
Thumbtack needed someone who could set up their call center from scratch and test their market for new web development projects they were thinking about implementing. I set up the call center using close.io, worked with the channel manager in setting up the campaign, wrote a sales plan for the organization to follow and executed it.